from the Stae Life Director – Daniel Abraham
Novena for Life:
This year, our state sponsored life event will be the Novena for Life. We have chosen to pray the Novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe. The feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe is on Dec 12. Therefore, the Novena will begin on December 3 and end on the feast day. Councils are encouraged to have Mass celebrated for the intention of all those involved in abortion, on December 7.
- Obtain permission from your parish Priest to celebrate Mass for the Novena for Life on Saturday, December 7.
- Print out copies of the Novena for Life booklet (see resources) to hand out after Masses, and for use on Saturday, December 7.
- Include a bulletin insert, 1-2 weeks in advance inviting parishioners to participate in prayer for 9 days.
- Hand out copies of the Novena Prayer after Mass the weekend before the Novena begins.
- Circulate an email invitation to council members, any parish pro-life groups, and prayer groups.
- Provide copies of the Novena for Life to hand out to participants, before Saturday morning Mass.
- Select one Knight to lead the congregation in the day’s prayer, after Mass.
- Follow up with the praying of a Rosary. Select 5 Knights to lead in each of the Joyful Mysteries.